In this post Paul VanderKlay gets at some underpinnings and deeper currents around the hoopla and angst around some legal decisions in the US recently.
Progressive Liberationism: The Eschatalogical Doppleganger
- The narrative of progressive liberationism has become the dominant moral definer in the West. Churches that used to imagine themselves as the deciders of morality are now commonly judged as being immoral.
- It defines how the West morally categorize history. Even if you switched in 2013, like Hillary Clinton, you still have moral high ground sufficient to decide who was naughty and nice all the way back to the dawn of human civilization.
- It is the reason the LGBTQ movement has changed the fundamental assumptions of morality with respect to the Christian religion and every other historical religion.
- It is so powerful partly because it has been able to mimic and replace liberal postmodern eschatology for a secular context. (You don’t need a second coming of Jesus to bring in the eschaton.)
- It is thoroughly at home with secularism and needs no supernatural divinity at all
View original post 1,971 more words